Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Doing work ... all day long

On Sunday, I went with Ben, Bailey, and Josh to Pentecost college communion at Christ Church — and I really enjoyed it. (It should be noted that those who did the readings wore swim trunks. So the whole ironing of the skirt for two hours thing was really unnecessary.) We also went to Evensong that night, which was really pretty. And then the majority of the MSU kids went to dinner together at a Thai restaurant.

I almost made it a week without getting lost.

Almost.

Monday morning, Khanh and I went to Christ Church for some errands (which failed, by the way). And so I decided to head back to the flat while Khan went on her own adventures. I took the canal paths, which was a mistake. And then I wandered around for two hours.

Know that Tolkien quote about "Not all wander are lost?" Yeah, that didn't apply to me at this time. I somehow ended up halfway to Dr. Snyder's flat, then ended up in the conservation area, and finally realized that I was really hungry.

So I finally called someone. And Josh and Bailey were nice enough to come and find me and guide me back to the flat.

I went to meet with my tutor yesterday afternoon and received my first assignment: a paper on "The Taming of the Shrew." I went to Blackwell's and picked up a copy of the play and finished it last night. I'm currently on page three of my eight to ten page paper, which is due next Tuesday. So I'd call that progress. Right?

Basically, today has been full of Dr. Snyder's class and working on my paper for my Shakespeare tutorial. And that's really all I have to say about that.

Because, let's face it, as interesting as I find my interpretation of "Taming of the Shrew," none of you care.

No comments:

Post a Comment