Friday, May 25, 2012

Shakespeare at The Globe is Amazing ... even in Urdu

Today we went on a (really short) trip to London. And, long story short, after a really awful bus ride, we went on a walking tour. We went by Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, through St. James's Garden, and Traflagar Square.


Literally by them. For the record, it costs sixteen pounds to get into Westminster Abbey. That's disappointing.

But onto the important thing: After lunch, which was at The Sherlock Holmes, Bailey, Josh, Spencer, and I went to The Globe to see Shakespeare's "Taming of the Shrew." In Urdu. Which was really cool and occasionally reminded me of a Bollywood movie.


We really enjoyed the play (though they didn't as much as I did), and it an amazing experience. Check one of my dreams off my bucket list. The play ended later than expected, so we walked with purpose back to the bus and luckily didn't get left behind.

And then we drove back to Oxford. And then went to the pub for dinner. And now I'm working on my reading list ... because I'm actually here to study, surprisingly.

1 comment:

  1. I'm insanely jealous...just so you know. Taming of the Shrew is one of my favs.

    ReplyDelete