Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I'm Stockpiling ALL the Bueno Bars

We finally had Dr. Snyder's class at New College this morning. However, those of us who live at Venneit Close were late because we lost New College and had to call Dr. Snyder for directions. After finally making it to our lecture hall, we discussed C.S. Lewis's book "Out of the Silent Planet." (Side note: If you haven't read it, I really suggest it. Especially if you enjoyed any of the "Narnia" books.)

During our break, we walked around in the gardens and admired how pretty the flowers were.

That's when I decided I'm not coming home. And then I realized the price of living, the lack of degrees I hold, and my job prospects. So I guess that means I will be returning to the States.

After we finished with class, we went to lunch at the pub and then I went to the Bod. Where I worked on my paper until I got bored with it. So I decided to explore the library. After I got bored with that, I decided to walk out into the rain just so I could have an adventure.

But I got turned around, spent about an hour walking around Oxford, got wet, and finally made it home. Where I spent more time working on my paper. Now I'm almost to page six of eight to ten. That's not bad, right?

Casey and I went to Nandos for dinner, which is somewhere I really suggest trying if you get the opportunity. It was really good food and empowered me to consider writing more of my paper. But instead, I went to the grocery store and got more Bueno bars.

Which I'm stockpiling for the return trip home. I'm addicted to them. They're almost as good as Nutella.

That's right, I said it.

I literally have no obligations tomorrow, so hopefully, I can go an adventure of some sort that doesn't involve giving myself a small cold.

That isn't too much to ask for, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment