Sunday, June 3, 2012

The Garden Party, at least that's what they called it ...

I woke up feeling better than the previous night. However, after attempting to make my way to communion by myself in the rain (a quick thanks to Ben, Bailey, and Josh for ditching), I realized how awful I felt. So, after about fifteen minutes of walking, I turned around and headed back to the flat. After eating breakfast, I decided to take a quick nap on the couch in an attempt to rest for the garden party.

Honestly, I spent most of the morning and afternoon running upstairs to get pills from Ben and Bailey. Once we got ready for the garden party, Khanh, Ben, and I went to Sunday roast at The Four Candles to get lunch. Dr. Snyder called Ben and asked him to pick up sodas and snacks, so we went to Tesco to grab a few things before the party at Trinity.

Although the three of us were technically late, we hadn't missed the party ... somehow there had been a miscommunication with the booking of the room we were supposed to be in, so we found Dr. Snyder and several other students standing outside a locked room. Everyone else, he said, had gone to the JCR.

At this point, my medicine was wearing off (or I was getting worse), so the next few hours went by in a blur. I remember venturing with Ben and Casey to the JCR to find chocolate. (Casey got us lost at her own college, in the rain. To be fair, I got lost in my own apartment building.) After returning, we found the room had finally been opened so the party could begin. So it was a garden party that didn't have a garden.

Life lesson: When you've been taking medication, don't drink everything handed to you. Furthermore, ask what you're drinking before you drink it. Otherwise, you may embarrass yourself and say something stupid, which someone will hold against you for weeks to come.

As time passed, I felt worse. And the rain stopped, so Dr. Snyder decided we should move the party outside. This was rather disappointing to me, as I wanted to come home, change into something warm, and go to sleep. Nevertheless, I rallied (or at least attempted to).

The MSU girls: Me, Maddy, Melissa, Casey, Meghan, and Khanh

The MSU guys: Alex, Cameron, Bailey, Taylor, Ben, Spencer, Josh, and Will

The group with Dr. Snyder
After the party ended, I went back to the flat. I was informed that if I don't get better by the end of class tomorrow, it would be time to go to the doctor. As someone who avoids the doctor at all costs, I decided that the rest of my Sunday would be spent attempting to get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment